Dear DHYS Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year to everyone and welcome to another season of DHYS Baseball (AAA--10U and 9U players). We are excited to get started this coming Spring Season and are looking forward to seeing your players on the field again soon.
Registration is still open with a handful of spots available. Please let your friends know they need to sign up their player ASAP so they don't miss out on the Spring season. Registration Link
Our primary focus during evaluations will be on safety for all participants and families. So, the format will be a bit different than in previous years but we will follow the same DHYS protocols used during the successful Fall Season.
- Evaluation Dates/Time:
- Main Session: Saturday, 1/30 at Kelley Cofer Park (4529 North Park Drive, Tucker)
- Makeup Evals (only if absolutely cannot make 1/30): Tuesday, 2/2 at Medlock Park -- Field 4
- What to Bring:
- a mask, something to drink, glove, batting helmet (with a metal cage)
- Bat (Wood barrel bats or composite and metal bats with a USSSA 1.15 BPF or USA Stamp).
- Catcher's gear will not be needed. There will be NO sharing of equipment.
- If possible, please have your player wear a shirt/jersey with their name on the back. We're not going to do numbers/tape/stickers, so a personalized shirt will be helpful.
- Evaluation Stations:
- Station 1 (Cofer Small): Warmup and Fielding
- Station 2 (Cofer Big, 1st base side bullpen): Pitching
- Station 3 (Cofer Big, cages and field): Hitting/Running
To be as safe as possible, we are scrapping our normal format of having 3-4 large groups come to the park simultaneously based on alphabetical order. This year, groups will be limited to 10 players per station. We will begin with Group 1 at 9:00AM. Groups will then arrive EVERY 30 minutes after that, check-in at a table by 3rd base on Small Field, and go to Station 1. Then, rotate to Station 2 and 3 as they finish. If things work as intended, we should not have more than 30-40 kids at the park at any point in time and each player's full eval "rotation" should take about 90 minutes. Some specifics:
- To sign up for your arrival slot, please go to this link
- No more than 10 people per slot...if the slot is full, find another one.
- To register, pick the time you like (and has availability) and check "Sign Up"
- Then, click "Submit and Sign Up" at the bottom of the screen. A new page will load.
- Put the player's name in the "Comment" box, keep quantity as 1 and then click "Sign Up Now" button. That should do it. (if you have multiple players, enter both their names and adjust the quantity accordingly)
- Masks are required for coaches and volunteers at all times while at the park. Players will be required to wear masks when they enter the park and between evaluations stations. Players will not be required to wear masks on the field, in the bullpens, or in the batting cages.
- Warmups are included as part of the schedule. Thus, do NOT congregate at the park in advance to warm up and arrive at the Sign-in table NO EARLIER THAN 5 Minutes prior to your evaluation slot (e.g. 10AM slot should arrive at 9:55).
- In order to avoid crowds at the field, parents and guardians not helping conduct the eval MUST remain in the parking lot during evaluations. Players will be sent back to the sidewalk near the parking lot at the conclusion of the evaluation session.
After evaluations are complete, we plan to hold the NL and AL drafts and pick teams. As for the beginning of the season, we don't have a concrete date just yet but will communicate it as soon as field availability firms up.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the email addresses below. Thanks in advance for everyone's participation and patience as we navigate these unusual times. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the park!!
Doug Sherwood (
) 404 304 4821
Thomas Royden (