Spring Registration is open for certain Leagues.
Important Details for this Spring Season:
- DHYS is allowing the use of the 1.15 USSSA bats in the AAA and Major Leagues. This is in addition to wood bats and the USABat standard bats currently in use.
- Our Spring season consists of games and practices.
- The Spring season runs from late January through May.
- Precautionary measures will be required for anyone at practices or games. These measures are being finalized and will include physical distancing, masks, expansion of dugout areas, and others for the safety of players, coaches, umpires, and spectators.
We are working with DeKalb County to allow organized activities on our athletic fields. We are also working with other organizations to acquire access to alternate fields.
12U/14U Softball Evaluations
Saturday (1/30/21) at First Baptist Church in Decatur.
If you have not signed up for a slot please do so.
Middle School "In-Park" Tryouts
These are competitive tryouts. Not everyone will make a team.
Kelley Cofer Park - the "Big" Field
4529 North Park Drive, Tucker, Georgia
Sunday, January 24, 5:00 PM
Tuesday, January 26, 5:00 PM (canceled)
Friday, January 29, 5:00 PM
Please have your player at Medlock Park Field 6
this Friday the 29th no later than 5:15pm for the
second day of tryouts. We need volunteer to help with throwing, hitting balls and timing runs for those that missed Sunday. Please contact Mark Rebillot at email@example.com
if you would like to volunteer to assist with tryouts.
If you are unable to volunteer, we ask that parents stay in their car and not come to the field with their player. Tryouts will last between 1.5-2 hours and parents should feel free to leave and come back to the park. We are requiring that all players wear a mask and players will be sent back to the parking lot if they arrive without one.
Coaches will pick the teams following the conclusion of tryouts and plan to post team rosters on Saturday. If your player makes one of the three teams, they will have a practice on Sunday the 31st, weather permitting.
Please contact Mark Rebillot at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you player cannot be Attend.
Spring 2021 Rec Baseball Evaluations Schedule
All evaluations, weather permitting, will take place at Kelley Cofer Park (4529 North Park Drive, Tucker, Ga)
Major League (11u/12u) Saturday, January 23
AAA League (9u/10u) Saturday, January 30. See 2021 AAA Eval Info.
A/AA League (7u/8u) Saturday, February 6
Rookie League (5u/6u) - Saturday, February 13. See 2021 Rookie Eval Info.
These are evaluations and not try-outs. All registered (non-waitlisted) participants will be placed on a team. The evaluations help create evenly matched teams within each league, which provides more competitive games throughout the season and a more fun experience for the players and families.
League Directors will circulate a Sign-up Genius to all registered families starting approximately one week before the scheduled evaluation date. (If you register within 7 days of the evaluation please look out for an e-mail with the sign-up link shortly after your registration is accepted.)
Players will sign up for a specific time on the evaluation date for their league. Each time slot will be open to a limited number of players to avoid crowding and help maintain distancing at the Park. Evaluations will last approximately two hours and players will complete the process in groups using both the upper and lower fields at Cofer.
Each league will host a small make-up evaluation one weeknight in the days following that league’s assigned evaluation date above. Specific information on make-up evaluations will follow from your league director.
A Sign-in table for evaluations will be set-up along the third base line of the small field close to the parking lot. Players must arrive at the Sign-in table within five minutes of their evaluation time (warm-ups for fielding, pitching (AAA and Majors only), and hitting) as well as instructions on the evaluation process will be incorporated into each group’s schedule. In order to avoid crowds at the field, parents and guardians must wait in the parking lot during evaluations.
Masks will be required for coaches and parents at all times while at Kelley Cofer. Players will be required to wear masks when they enter the park and between evaluations stations. Players will not be required to wear masks on the field, in the bullpens, or in the batting cages.
Each player must have a batting helmet, as well as a glove and bat for evaluations. Please review the DHYS Bat Rules. Players will not be permitted to share equipment during evaluations or during the season. Players will not need to bring catcher’s gear to evaluations.
More detailed information will follow from your League Directors closer to the evaluation dates above. In the meantime, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the e-mail addresses below. Look forward to seeing everyone at the park! (from a safe, outdoor distance).
For Major: Lev Vaysman
and Tim Frilingos
For AAA: Doug Sherwood
and Thomas Royden
For A/AA and Rookie: John Ashbaugh
Registration Periods for the different seasons are described below.
Dates will vary slightly from year to year.
- Spring (Competitive focus): Registration is from December 1 until mid-January. Evaluations are in mid-late January and the season ends in mid-late May.
- Middle School Baseball (Competitive focus): Registration is from December 1 until mid-January. Competitive tryouts are held by the schools and DHYS also sponsors at least 1 “In-Park” team, usually 2 (the Warriors and the Warhawks). Tryouts for the "In-Park" teams are in January. The season ends in mid-late April.
- Summer Sandlot (Fun/developmental focus): Registration is from May 1 until mid-June. No evaluations. The season is June and July.
- Fall (Developmental focus): Registration is from July 1 until approximately August 10. Evaluations are in August and the season is in September and October, usually ending by Halloween or the first weekend in November.
- Baseball All-Stars (Highly Competitive focus): Registration is from March 15 until April 15. Tryouts are in April and the season is from Memorial Day through mid-July.
- Softball Select (Competitive focus): Registration is from February 1 until March 1. Tryouts are in March and the season is from April through May.
- Softball All-Stars (Highly Competitive focus): Registration is from April 1 until May 1. Tryouts are in May and the season is from Memorial Day through mid-July.